Our digital remote education is being delivered through the Google G Suite platform. Every child in school has their own email and login details to allow them to access their classroom online.
The teachers are setting daily work for the children and regularly meet with their class via the Google Meet conferencing app. Feedback between children and teachers is facilitated by the messaging function within the classrooms and children can also submit work to be viewed by the teachers. The teachers are able to give feedback to the children and work can be edited and improved by the children and can then be resubmitted.
The school is using a mixture of the Oak National Academy resources, BBC Bitesize resources and tailor made tasks to ensure the children at home have access to a full range of subjects whilst at home.
Parents/Carers are able to message the teachers via the school office, phone text service, school admin email and the Google G Suite messaging facility.
Communication is vital between school and home to ensure all children are able to access the online learning. If families are having trouble accessing the remote learning in any way, they are able to contact the school via the above methods and we will work with them to make home learning as easy as possible.
Below is some information about our remote education, some resources to help families access the G Suite platform and help on how to join the Google Meet app.
Remote Education Provision : Information for Parents and Carers
How to use Google Classroom
How to join a Google Meet
How to scan work using an iPhone
If you wish to share something your child has done on paper, there is a function on iphone that lets you scan the document and send it to the class teacher.
Scan a document on iphone:
- Open Notes and select a note or create a new one.
- Tap the Camera button , then tap Scan Documents .
- Place your document in view of the camera.
- If your device is in Auto mode, your document will automatically scan. ...
- Tap Save or add additional scans to the document.
- Follow the usual way of sharing the document via email, classroom, etc
Unfortunately, this is not available on an Android device.
How to use Google Classroom on the Playstation and Xbox
How To Access Google Classroom On PS4
- Press the PS button on the DualShock 4 controller and head to the Library for your system.
- Access Games and Applications and head to the Applications section, where you will find the web browser.
- Once here, type in the web address of your school/learning resource.
- You will now gain access to your work via Google Classroom or OneDrive, including key packages such as Word, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint, and emails.
How To Access Google Classroom On PS5
- First off, head to the PS5 Settings and select Users and Accounts.
- Pick Link With Other Services
- Select Twitter to take you to the hidden web browser.
- Click the Twitter logo in the top left corner, and you’ll be taken to the Twitter UI for web browsers.
- Log in and you will then gain access to the PS5 web browser.
- Follow the remaining steps detailed above for PS4 users to access Google Classroom.
How to use Google Classroom on Xbox One & Xbox Series X/S
- The Xbox consoles each have access to Microsoft Edge – the web browser that comes preinstalled as part of the Xbox user experience. This can be used to access Google Classroom (or another online education service approved by your child’s school).
- Plug a wired keyboard into your Xbox One, Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S via one of the USB ports on the front or back.
- Press the Xbox button top-centre of a game controller and head to “My games & apps” in the side menu.
- Click on “See all”, scroll down to “Apps” and you will see Microsoft Edge in the icons on the right-hand side. Open it.
- Type classroom.google.com into the URL bar at the top and log in as you would on a PC using your school Gmail account.
- You can either use an Xbox controller to move the cursor or a separate USB mouse plugged into one of the other ports.